- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed, quartered
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pear, cored, thinly sliced
Heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot; stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add figs, Marsala, and rosemary. Increase heat. Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup water. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often and adding water by tablespoonfuls if too thick, until figs are soft and jam measures 1 1/4 cups, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pulse 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 cup water in a food processor until dough forms. Divide into 4 pieces. Wrap each in plastic and let rest until soft, 2–3 hours.
Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out each dough piece on a floured surface to a very thin 10″ round. Cover with a kitchen towel.
Place 1 dough round on each of 2 baking sheets. Bake for 3–4 minutes to partially cook. Repeat with remaining dough.
Spread 3–4 Tbsp. fig jam over each crust; scatter 2 oz. goat cheese over each. Bake in batches until crust is crisp, 4–5 minutes.
Toss arugula, pear, and remaining 1 tsp. oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Top pizzas with salad.