It’s not about the number of steps or ingredients in a dish. If you shop smart, buying peak-season produce and quality protein, you don’t have to do much at all (like with this easy salad recipe).
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or fresh mozzarella
- 8 ounces ripe fresh figs, cut into quarters
- Torn basil leaves (for serving)
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
Tear mozzarella into medium pieces and arrange on a platter. Tuck figs around cheese and scatter basil over top. Season with pepper and lots of salt. Drizzle generously with oil.